We deliver innovative transportation and logistics solutions that are vital to the success of the companies and people we serve. We've built our business on three core values: commitment to our customers, dedication to excellence and innovative thinking.
As a global transportation services provider leader, Penske operates more than 200,000 vehicles and serves customers from more than 1,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia. Product lines include full- service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, transportation and warehousing management, and supply chain management solutions.
A Penske Truck Driver (Hiker) is responsible for delivering and returning vehicles to Penske locations and Penske customers. Position may include assistance to the service department to deliver parts and equipment.
This is a part- time/on- call position that is perfect for individuals looking for supplemental income and looking to work up to 25 hours a week based on business needs.
By applying to this posting, you will be in our database and notified of future openings as they come available in your area of interest across our Penske locations.
- Follow appropriate safety procedures while driving trucks to destination of Penske location or customer locations
- Check vehicles to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order, report to location manager if any issues are found
- Obtain receipts or signatures for delivered goods and collect payment for services when required
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- 2+ years of verifiable driving experience required
- 2+ years of a clean driving record required
- Current driver's license class D with air brake certification required
- Current driver's license class A with air brake certification preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Ability to work independently, customer service skills, organizational skills, and a positive attitude are required
Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a reference verification (to include past employment and education) are required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The associate must regularly lift and /or move up to 12kg, frequently lift and/or move up to 23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 45kg. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear.
The associate is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
Penske is committed to the principle of equity in employment.
Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more about the company and its products and services.
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick.aspx?id=-9374